Thursday, July 29, 2010

Be Huetiful Steamer Review

 My hair after the steam treatment!
This past Tuesday I received a hair steamer courtesy of Huetiful, and boy did it come right on time! I actually have a large steamer that I HARDLY use because it is just too cumbersome, and I just don't feel like pulling it out of the closet, assembling the thing, putting it back etc. - So needless to say, I was happy when this tabletop model came my way.

Product: Huetiful Steamer - Shipping is FREE!
Price: $114.95
Facial Attachment: $9.95

 steamer arrived carefully packaged!

 Here are the product claims:
The Huetiful Steamer is specifically designed for the unique needs of curly and wavy hair, restoring moisture 5x better than deep conditioners alone, opening up the cuticles of your hair to allow any conditioner you choose to penetrate better and work more effectively, bathing your hair with warm ozone enriched mist to replenish moisture lost from chemical treatments, and reducing breakage and split ends caused by dry hair.
Does this product live up to it's claims? 
Most definitely! My hair felt like butter after 10 minutes under the steamer. Detangling was much easier, and because of that, it cut my styling time in half.


Who can benefit from regular Steam Treatments?
Everyone! It doesn't matter if you are relaxed, natural, or transitioning. I definitely recommend this to anyone with highly-textured hair. Naturals will love this because it keeps hair soft, and eases detangling woes. Transitioner's will love this because it helps keep the new-growth soft, healthy, and manageable which is important when working with two different textures. Women that relax will also love this product because it works to keep issues with lack of moisture due to chemical processing under control.


Why I love it?
It's easy to put together, compact, and works just as well as my large hair steamer w/o all the fuss. This means I can enjoy steam treatments weekly, and even when I travel!

Setup is a breeze, as there are only 3 components you need to connect. The fourth component, pictured on the far left, is a facial steamer attachment!

To use connect the "wing-shaped" attachment to the base of the steamer...

slide the hood attachment onto the "wing-shaped attachment" until secure...

connect the nozzle from the "wing-attachment" to the hood attachment


 What I used:
I used a mixture of Honey + Olive Oil [1/4 cup Honey + 3 tablespoons Olive Oil], and I applied it to clean, wet hair. I also added a bit of Tea Tree, & Lemon Essential Oils to my water for added therapeutic benefits [I purchased them from Whole Foods].

To Use:
Apply your favorite hair conditioner, and sit under the steamer for up to 20 minutes!

Add water to the top of the component, filling until you reach the "max line" on the measuring cup included

Use the stopper, to cover the hole. 

Close the lid on the top of the compartment! Plug in, and in two minutes your steamer is ready for use!

34 comments:

  1. i have been contemplating purchasing this steamer. i've seen reviews on other natural hair blogs and on youtube. it def looks like like something i could use because my hair needs it and the easy assembly is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool I wish Huetiful would gift me one. My hair seems dry on a daily basis from all this humidity in GA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! Now I want one! that sounds awesome, very plush looking hair :D

    http://socialitedreams.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for a tabletop steamer for the LONGEST time. Thank you SO MUCH for this review! Yaaaaay! I'm so excited. Yesterday I bought the Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream because of your review and next week (after I pay some bills), I'm gonna buy this steamer. I'm almost 9 months into my transition and I don't plan to chop for at *least* another 9 months, so I really needed this. I have a 10-year-old dryer that I was using for deep treatments, but it's old (clearly) and moody so it only works when it wants to. This is the perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, I might have to get a steamer after seeing the benefits of using one. The plus side is it's so compact and doesn't take a bunch of hassle getting it together, and it's perfect for a tabletop. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen reviews of this & I really want to try it. I think I may fork up the $115 & take a stab at it. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to order this on Payday...I been struggling with dry hair and i need a steamer bad. Tx for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info, it's good to know there is a product that can help conditioners penetrate the hair more effectively. I will definitely be getting this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great, yet another thing to put on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hhhmmm. Now I want one! That looks like something I can surely get alot of use out of. What a great idea. I saw a youtuber do a review on it, & I know she had great results as well.

    www.TheNaturalistaFiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. And being a gift to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ordered it this evening and hopefully I'll be steaming next week. :) Thanks for the review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopefully this will be worth the money. Thanks Monica

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just received my steamer and it is not working. it beeps and then goes off. ughhh. no customer service to contact. sitting with a head full of conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Anonymous; Have you tried emailing their customer service department? support@behuetiful.com - Did you fill the water over the "MAX" line, or just under? Send me an email, and I will see if I can get a customer contact number for you :-) nikole@themoptopmaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopefully this review will not get deleted,,I would like to know if u were paid for this review?

    ReplyDelete
  17. @anonymous; Definitely not, I do not get paid to provide reviews for products. I also state specifically in my advertising that I will not accept funds in exchange for a positive review. - The previous anonymous poster never sent me an email for additional contact information for the company, so hopefully she got her issue resolved. I used my steamer last night, and I am still very happy with it, no issues or qualms as of yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait 'til I get one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love my huetifu steamer. Wish I knew about it when it first came out, but I have it now and it is definitely worth it.
    Live, Love, Peace. ~Sweetsop
    P.S. Love the accessibility of information and on the hunt for your old sewing project posts. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm thinking abt purchasing one of these steamers but you mentioned that you "added a bit of Tea Tree, & Lemon Essential Oils to my water for added therapeutic benefits" Did you add it the water that you placed in the steamer??

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have this steamer and I LOVE IT. I use it weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wanted to know if this can be used as a dryer also or just a steamer?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, for the lady having issues with her steamer; It was mentioned in one of the youtube reviews if you put to much water in it it will not steam (possibly as a safety measure). Not sure if that was the problem or not, but just a suggestion. I ordered mine last night and can not wait for it to come in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm having a hard time finding the right height surface for my steamer. It's either way to low on my head or way too tall. It is lower than a traditional dryer. Anyone have any suggestions or tips???

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had problem with the height also. wish it came with a pole. however I set it on a plastic shoe box that I turned upside down. I luv luv my steamer. My hair was soft with well defined curls after the first treatment. haven't figured out the face attachment yet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, thanks for the review. I'm wondering about the honey olive oil mixture. Do you leave it in after steaming? Or do you rinse it out? If you rinse it out, do you add anything else in before styling?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I ordered my steamer today and I look forward to using it weekly on myself and some of my clients.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't understand how this is different from sitting under a hooded hair dryer and deep conditioning with a plastic cap on.

    Can someone explain to me please?

    Thanks, Backlash67

    ReplyDelete
  29. thanks for the great review! I just ordered one and am looking forward to using it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I recently purchased this hair steamer & I absolutely LOVE it! I have 4a/b hair that has been extremely dry since my big chop on 10/11/10. After my first use,I got numerous comments on how my hair looked shiny & more silky, which shocked me cause I never would have considered my hair silky! Anyone on the fence about this purchase, its well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just so I understand. It does not dry the hair too right. Just produces a steam.

    ReplyDelete
  32. @ Michelle the process is different because your head is simply sweating when you are under a hooded dryer with the plastic cap. The steamer applies steam directly to the hair. Consider getting hot in a turtleneck on a sunny day, just sweating up; versus, getting hot in a steamy sauna, two different experiences.

    Furthermore, heating up plastic produces carcinogens. With all the info out there nobody should be sitting with a heated plastic cap on their head.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just ordered my steamer today... Yayyyy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just came across this tonight.... read the reviews... I am looking forward to getting mine..I just ordered one and can not wait for it to come in. When I did the big chop on 1/13/11 I didn't realize how dry my natural hair is... so I am hoping this will fix the dry hair problem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails