Thursday, November 25, 2010

To Be Yourself In A World That Is Constantly Trying To Make You Something Else Is The Greatest Accomplishment - Ralph Waldo Emmerson


In a world that will seemingly forever pit curves vs. thin, light skin vs. dark skin, relaxed vs. natural, blondes vs. brunettes and black vs white; we must always hold on to our individuality. Staying true to our individual value system fosters a deeper sense of self-confidence that holds more weight than the praise received from trying to fit the mold. 

We must remain separate from thoughts of insecurity, inadequacy, and any fear we may experience; or else we risk the consequence of being consumed by these momentary feelings. We can separate ourselves from these feelings by developing a stronger "center" that always reflects our "true" selves, and remains undisturbed in the face of adversity. - Don't be afraid to be you. Let your love for yourself flow freely; let it feed your soul, let it carry you down the path of conscious freedom. 

To be content with your true self is to live in richness, truth and love. Whether you are dark skinned, light skinned, or completely lacking melanin; you were created in Divine Perfection.

I found these photos {here}, and I was enamored with all of the photos of beautiful black women, so I thought I would share! 


Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I needed to hear this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply gorgeous! its so funny that i posted this same quote on my blog the other day. and i will be getting it tattooed! wonderful post

    ReplyDelete
  3. that huge beautiful hair on that lady in the middle!!! want want!


    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touché!

    This is such an enlightening article! And the images are simply breathtaking. Kudos for a good read on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautifully message. Seriosuly though, to step away from all the chatter and ideas and be yourself is freedom!
    http://fullbodytransformation.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It takes some people a long time to learn this.. it took me till High schoool

    ReplyDelete
  7. great message. we're all beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pictures. Very beautiful and vibrant, and Emmerson's quote is so true! I am a junior in college and really starting to understand what this means. Thanks for posting.

    http://onyxroseonline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would soooooo rock that hairstyle in the first pic. Yes I would.

    http://adventuresinbayarealand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for being you! Your blog is such a breath of fresh air. I get so frustrated on other blogs when they create a "versus" or "this is the right way" atmosphere...I absolutely hate it and am sometimes embarassed. I love your well-rounded approach. I love how you have respect for individuality.

    Anyway, very well said.

    Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said..

    Going through my transition from perm to natural is really helping me reflect on who I really am..

    I'm content with who I am now..

    Great post !

    http://talecia-godclothesandfood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails