Tuesday, November 9, 2010

DIY Super Easy Leopard Mani

Looking for something over-the-top? These nail's definitely make a statement, however they can still look chic and polished depending on your color palette. I admit I am not a fan of leopard anything, however after seeing them on a style maven in Whole Foods, I wanted in on the fun. 

The good thing about this mani is that it is very forgiving. Leopard spots aren't perfect, which means your nails don't have to be perfect either. If you have trouble keeping your arm steady, let it gently rest on a stack of thick books or any flat, sturdy object! The designs take little to no time to complete, and you can be very creative with the color palette. 

To keep the design somewhat subdued, I decided to go with an accent color that was a few shades lighter than my main color. This gives the nail a slight monochromatic feel. 

DIY Fierce Leopard Mani
You Will Need: 
Base Coat - I used Essie's protein base coat 
Base Color - I used China Glaze Shower Together
Black Striping Polish
Leopard Accent Color - I used OPI No Room For The Blues

Dot tool [you can use an actual dot tool, a toothpick, bobby pin, or paint brush]
Paint your nails with a base coat; allow to dry for a few minutes

Paint your nails with your base lacquer of choice, allow to dry for about 10-15 minutes


With a dot tool, fill your entire nail bed with dots. Let dry for about 10 minutes. 


With your striping brush outline the edges of your spots, leaving one end open [don't outline the entire area]. Let dry for about 3-5 minutes [After I outlined the dots, I also made random stripes and dots using my striping brush]

 Gently polish your nails with a glossy top coat. Let dry thoroughly. Enjoy your new nails!


Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

5 comments:

  1. i really need to learn steady hands like you..your nails are always so perfectly done. do you have any tips to prevent uneven coating & getting nail polish too close to the cuticles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute...I love it. I will definitely try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Blue is my favorite color.. Can't wait to try this :-)
    fabulouslyfrugalme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it very pretty!! I tried this last night but had trouble doing my left hand it was a real challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tried it!! It was really cute. Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails