Monday, October 18, 2010

We Should All Have One Person Who Knows How To Bless Us Despite The Evidence, Grandmother Was That Person To Me. ~Phyllis Theroux

Sorry for the late post today guys! Great Grandma is in the hospital so I have been spending as much time with her as possible. The time spent with her over the past week has been bittersweet. While I am grateful for being with her during her last days, I haven't quite come to terms with how I am going to deal with her no longer being here in the physical sense. 

On a positive note, we have spent the past week telling stories, looking through old photo albums, sharing lots of laughs, words of wisdom and some occasional hugs and kisses. I am thankful for the opportunity to do that, as many never have the chance to say goodbye. What brings me solace is that my grandma isn't suffering, she said to me; "child, it's ok, you know I can't live forever; I have had a great life and it is time for me to go home". -
We will be back to regularly scheduled blog programming tomorrow and a winner for the most recent giveaway will be announced. I am extending the deadline until tonight at 11:59PST so be sure to get your entry in! 

This past Friday, Lo and I went to Katsuya to catch up, swap stories and take a much needed break from the stressors of work and life.

We started off the night with delicious Apple Martini's

They make them sweet with a bit of a kick!

Our view from the bar

I love the menus at Katsuya! Wondering about that lip color too...lol

I'm not big on Seafood, so I always get chicken. The Panko Chicken is absolutely delish!

However I decided to switch it up this time; I got the Teriyaki Chicken instead!

Lo decided on Teriyaki as well, however she chose rice instead....
I loved the different eyes and lips on display...

I wore my favorite vintage flowy skirt and a wrap around top I made into a crop top

I got rather ambitious and experimented with a bronzer from MAC to highlight my face and accentuate my cheekbones. The jury is out on whether or not I love it...

What I Wore:
Wrap Around Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Thrifted
Clutch: Thrifted
Tights: American Apparel
Lipstick: Ruby Woo with Ornamental Lip Lacquer from MAC 

Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

25 comments:

  1. I love your outfit, especially your top.

    You guys look hot with the red lipstick!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry about your grandmother. you and your family will definitely be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that all is well with your family, definitely in my prayers.

    Try the Nars bronzer when you get a chance, I like the Mac bronzer but I'm in love with NARS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although your great grandmother may be leaving this physical world, I hope it gives you comfort to know that she will be in a much better place. Also know that you and your daughter are one of the very few blessed to actually KNOW a great/ great great grandparent throughout your life. That is such a wonderful blessing. With that said, I will keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your great grandmother is anything like her great grandaughter, rest assured knowing that she lived her life to the fullest. Celebrate that and cherish this time that you have to reflect over her life.

    It is comforting to know that God sometimes wants the ones we love so much to be with him because they are so wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute outfit love the ruby woo i've been meaning to try it out for speed myself.

    sorry about your grandmother, time with your elders is the most precious time on earth....

    lipstickmanual.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peace and grace to you & your family at this time.

    You and Lo looked beautiful. Your hair and skin look amazing! You are my hair hero! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great words echoed by your great grandmother! Thanks for sharing :) I'll be praying for you guys!

    You and Lo look great, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your Grandma!
    God bless her.


    I love the friendship of you and Lo. I THINK GIRLS suck @ friendships but you guys seems to make it work lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cherish every moment with your Grandmother. "Grands" are VERY special. They teach us how to fly without wings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nikole, I'm praying for you and your family. God will see you all through this & you will come out stronger for this.
    Lo's been missing in action, it's great to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww!!! Great to spend time with our elders! Cherish that time.

    I'm SO excited and inspired by the fact that Lo has the courage to wear such a bold color on her lips as full as they are. I've ALWAYS been afraid to do it but between her and Shirley Eniang, I'm SO inspired. I just might take the plunge!

    thegrandduchy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! Thanksgiving 2006. My family got together the Saturday after Thanksgiving like we always do. Enjoyed good food, talking, laughing and enjoying each others company. My Mom loved Family time. I talked to my Mom everyday, sometimes twice a day. So Thursday Nov 30 2006, early that morning on my way to work there was the most gorgeous rainbow that came after a morning shower. It was so pretty that I snapped a picture of it. That beautiful rainbow was totally opposite from what I learned later that evening when the moon came up. I called to talk to my Mom and she didnt answer. Her phone was answered by a neighbor from across the street telling me that I should "come home baby" Oh my God. I didnt get to say goodbye that night but my Mom knew that I loved her and if I could give her the world it would be hers.......

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sorry to hear about your great grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lo is sooo badass, i love her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sending you and your grandma peace and serenity from afar.

    TheBestMonday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Am saddened to hear about your great gran i hope all your family is well. we understand if you don't update as often don't strain yourself. i love the red lippy and also who is that pretty girl thats alwayes whith you her fro is awsom

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear about your Grandma, You two look Great! I love Lo's hair, she is def a Diva. Your top is very unique. I love it. sweetenchantments.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's amazing how a person can be face to face with death and embrace it. That's what I call true everlasting peace!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your style is just fabulous, i wish i could clone you or at least hire you for a month to help me with my style sense. I am not that bad of a dresser but i go to places like Forever 21 and i cant see anything that would look good on me yet you always wear fantastic outfits from them. So many times i buy clothes and when i get home and try them on i wonder what the heck i was thinking..lol. I think its safe to conclude that style is inborn and you were definitely born with it. I know you juggle many hats but you could easily become a s tylist as well. I am so sorry to hear about your great grandma, i wish her peace and serenity.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute clutch! I love your style its just so bold and sassy and fun! And as always your hair looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful!!!



    http://lunastarr.eklablog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the hair! en natural! and I like your style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sorry to hear about your great grandma's illness. I hope you can take as much time as possible to glean all the wisdom you can from her.

    Yall look fabulous!! I should really wear my Ruby Woo more!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Girl, you are too dang fabulous! I LOVE that outfit! It is outrageously cute! I love that little trick where you do crops to show the upper area as opposed to the abdomen. Even thin ladies without super tight flat tummies can pull that look off.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails