Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Penned by Mop Top Maven at 9:55 AM
This is one of my favorite quick and super easy recipes that offers a nice twist to the traditional chicken pasta salad! Best of all, this no fuss meal can be whipped up in no time. If you are watching calories/sodium, you can sub out the mayo with the low fat version and skip the addition of the bouillon cube.
I usually make a big bowl of this on Sunday night; as it's perfect for lunches throughout the week! For a nice twist; you can add chopped apples and mango's [ I however omitted them from this recipe].
Curry Chicken Pasta Salad [Adapted From Cooks.com]
1 cube chicken bouillon
9 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
9 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 (8 ounce) package of pasta
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
(1) Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add bouillon cube and stir until melted. Add chicken and poach for about 13 to 14 minutes. Remove chicken and leave broth in pot; cool chicken and cut into 1/2 inch chunks; reserve.
(2) Add mushrooms to broth and cook over medium heat; cook for a few minutes and remove mushrooms from stock; reserve.
(3) With remaining stock in pot, add some more water, if needed. Bring water to a boil and add pasta to cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and discard stock. Cool pasta with running water; reserve.
(4) In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice, curry powder and salt and pepper to taste.
(5) In a large bowl, combine cooled pasta, chicken, mushrooms, sour cream dressing, green onions, and yellow bell pepper; mix well. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and serve.