Because my schedule has been kinda crazed as of late, I really haven't had time to hit the gym. So I turned to one of my favorite YouTube gurus Body Rock TV. I run through these videos every other day [when I am doing my lower body workout], and boy are they challenging [yet effective].
A Few Fitness Tips:
- Drink at least 16 ounces of water or fitness water about two hours before your workout.
- Drink at least a half cup of water every 15-20 minutes during your workout routine. Drinking water will help keep you hydrated, energized, increase fat metabolism, and will help keep your electrolyte levels normal. Drinking water will also help remove toxins from the body and regulate your body's temperature.
- Warm up with a light cardio exercise for five minutes before your workout. Warming up helps you to use more muscle fibers during your actual workout routine therefore having more of an effective workout.
- Cool down for 5-10 minutes after your workout. The cool down process helps your muscles eliminate lactic acid and other waste. Cooling down also helps muscles prepare for the recovery process [which is essential when toning], helps to prevent stiffness, and also helps heart rate and respiration rate return to normal levels.
- In order for your tissues to repair themselves after a workout [you need tissues to repair themselves to see muscle tone], you need to allow for an adequate recuperation period. You should allow your muscles anywhere between 24-48 hour rest period before working that same muscle group. Working the same muscle group too soon could cause lead to the breakdown in muscle tissues instead of forming muscles.
Zuzana from Body Rock TV is hands down one of my favorite fitness divas. I love that her channel showcases exercises that you can do from home without tons of fancy equipment. Zuzana has quite a few videos ranging from beginner exercises to more advanced routines.
Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin' | Like MTM on Facebook