I am loving H&M's new ad campaign [source]
If you have highly textured hair and you are looking for ways to help eliminate excess tangles and matting on wash day, try an oil rinse. Not only is oil rinsing great for cutting down [and in some cases eliminating] single strand knots, but it also helps replenish moisture lost from shampooing; leaving your hair soft, shiny and extremely manageable.
Oil rinsing is a simple step you can add in between shampooing/conditioning, and it only adds about 5-10 additional minutes on to your hair regimen. - Here are some additional benefits of oil rinsing:
- Helps hair retain more moisture
- Eases the detangling process
- Imparts mega shine
- Helps prevent knotting, tangles, and matting
- Shampoo your hair
- Add about 1/4 cup of your favorite oil liberally throughout your hair
- Leave in for about 2-3 minutes
- Rinse out thoroughly with warm water [don't use cool for this process, as the warm water ensures that all traces of oil are removed]
- Condition hair as usual
Rich Nourishing Oils To Use For Highly Textured Hair:
- Coconut Oil: Softens the hair, delivers nutrients to the follicles, helps correct issues with dandruff and psoriasis
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Ultra hydrating, this oil nourishes, softens and improves the elasticity of your hair
- Brazil Nut Oil: One of my favorites of the bunch, this oil leaves your hair as soft as butter when used as a rinse, hot oil treatment, or even added to your favorite conditioner. - Brazil Nut oil softens, helps repair the hair shaft by delivering vital nutrients to the follicles, and helps control frizz.
- Castor Oil: Another extremely hydrating oil, it also helps remove impurities from your scalp and hair shaft. Castor Oil also nourishes your follicles promoting healthy hair growth.
Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin' | Like MTM on Facebook