Monday, June 14, 2010

The Positive Thinker Sees The Invisible, Feels The Intangible, And Achieves The Impossible.

This weekend, my family and I made a brief trip to Las Vegas to pick up my Aunt Susan's ashes. My mother is leaving for Africa this week and plans to disperse them there. Every time I think of Susan I am reminded of how precious life is, and how blessed I am just to be alive. No matter what is going on in your life, give God the glory every morning when you wake, because that is the biggest blessing of all.

A butterfly landed on my mini me's hand, so I snapped a few pics before it flew off!

I spent the latter part of my Sunday night re-organizing my apt and cleaning shop. I finally got around to potting some cool plants I bought from the farmer's market a couple of weeks ago. Plants emit a source of positive energy, so it is good to put them in areas around the home where you need it most. In my case, its my workstation, as it is here that I find it the hardest to concentrate. The energy that you create around your workspace greatly affects the vibrations of the work you put out. The more positive the energy, the higher the vibration; which allows you to lift others through your work as well.

If you are having mental roadblocks, issues concentrating, or having a hard time blocking out "real-life" in order to tap into your creative side; take some time to reorganize your workstation. Put positive affirmations on a poster board in front of you, put some plants around your desk, pray/meditate and ask for a "clear and open" mind before you begin to work; you will be amazed at the big difference these small changes can make!

I believe this entire outfit [minus the shoes] was well under $5 - I normally strive to find outfits that are $10 and under, as I am not really into spending 1/2 of my income on dispensable's like clothing [although I will splurge from time to time]. I also like the fact that thrifting allows me to express myself with clothing that is comparable to "one of a kind" pieces. I purchased everything from an Estate Sale with the exception of the oversized clutch that was given to me by my Great Grandmother, and the shoes which I purchased at Saks Fifth Ave.

My hair in these pics is styled courtesy of a week-old twistout! The wind got a hold of it and blew it to smithereens. I love the Donna Marie Lock & Twist Pudding, but I don't really care for the amount of shrinkage [especially in the back of my head]. I think I will try a dry twistout with this stuff to see how it works out. Of course I will keep you all posted.
Wearing:
Shirt: Vintage
Shorts: Vintage
Oversized Clutch: Great Grandmother's
Belt: Vintage
Double Platform's: Fendi

15 comments:

  1. Great outfit and loving the hair.
    Sorry to hear about your aunt.

    http://singaturestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences to you and the family.

    Great post. I'm pretty sure I could use a plant or two by my computer.

    You look gawjuss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that clutch with all thine heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the outfit and congrats on the accomplishments you mentioned in the previous post. In regards to your hair, it amaze me that it looks so moisturized after a week. My hair gets so dry after about 3days. Any tips? Even when I use oil it doesn't seem to help much on my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiring post. I really needed that. You look amazing too, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the inspiration on tapping into my creative side. My plan for this week was to do just that. Good confirmation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great words of wisdom & inspiration MopTop (that's my nickname for you, lol)! Luvs this outfit & ur hair... ur starting to make me sick with all these fab thrift finds, lol. I wish I could thrift like that, teach me teach me please. I just want to raid yours and Lo from HisHers closets!!!

    xoxo
    urbanglamgyrl.onsugar.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just in Vegas this weekend, too! I would've loved to see the fabulous Nikole in person, your outfit is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your thrift is intoxicating. Love these vintage duds. This outfit is giving me safari meets romance. Love!

    http://www.lovebrownsugar.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sing Thank you!

    @InnyVinny Thanks sis! Yes, definitely get some cool little plants. Bamboo is my fav!

    @God's Favorite Shoes; Thank you! Me too! When she asked me if I wanted it, I thought she was kidding! LOL

    @Sewing Stardom; Thank you, I use Paul Mitchell the Conditioner, and it really, really, helps keep my hair soft, and moisturized. Spritzing Oyin's Juices & Berries on my hair every couple of days also helps as well.

    @Anonymous Thank you! We all need a little pick me up from time to time!

    @Hillerie Camille; There is nothing wrong with a little affirmation! Definitely do it!

    @UrbanGlamGyrl; Ha Ha Ha! Thank you! I am thinking I should plan a girls day one of these days where I take people to all of my favorite thrift spots and help them browse the racks!

    @Chrissytina; NO WAY!!! What are the chances! That would have been cool to link up, although I am sure out paths will cross soon. I plan on doing a lot of traveling in the very near future.

    @CeCeSoChic Thank you!!! Love your blog BTW, I came across it a while back!

    @

    ReplyDelete
  11. i was over in the silverlake area the other day and after having lunch w/ mommy i popped in a couple of thrift shops just for fun. i had about 5 items in my hands and then i put everything back and ended up w/ only a head scarf lol. i used to thrift a lil more back in high school and then stopped. yea that would be totally cool to do a girls day... i'm sooo there, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God Bless your aunt. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. @UrbanGlamGyrl - I think the middle of July would work for a girls day thrifting trip. I will send you the info once Lo and I have planned everything. I LOVE Silverlake though, I have found some really cool things there!

    @Olivia thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are your outfits really so cheap? I can't believe...lol
    I just wanted to ask you if you're rich. lol your style look so expensive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails