[quality may be a little crappy, as the video is still processing]
Hey guys, so I finally got around to editing and uploading this video. This is how I do my Henna Gloss applications every 6 weeks [I apply on dry hair]. I also follow up with an Indigo application for the deep blue black color, but I could not find any ANYWHERE! So I resorted to ordering some online :-/
I will do an updated video once my indigo arrives, but until then, I hope some of you find this tutorial useful!
- Help stop/curb breakage
- Makes hair stronger
- Thickens strands
- Temporarily loosens curl patterns for some [enhances curl patterns in others]
- Reduces dandruff
- Imparts shine, and makes hair incredibly silky
- Make sure you have enough Henna to completely cover your entire head. I have very thick hair, so I use two boxes of Henna which equals 200g [Each box is 100g].
- I do not add Lemon Juice to my mixture [it is too drying for my hair], if I want to expedite the color release process, I put my covered bowl inside of a heating pad [on low] for about 3-4 hours.
- Don't add oil to the mix BEFORE the color has released; it is purported that doing so may hinder the dye release process.
- If you have RELAXED hair, please use Body Quality Henna only. If you aren't sure your Henna is BAQ, don't use it. Instead, order from a source [source two] you trust!
- I use conditioners in my mix, it makes the Henna mix "smoother" and easier to rinse out.
- Do not try to comb the Henna through your strands when applying it to your hair. You want to manipulate the hair as little as possible.
- When rinsing out the Henna, allow the the pressure of the water to gently rinse out the henna, again, you want to manipulate the hair as little as possible.
- To combat the drying effects, use a SULFATE FREE shampoo to rinse out the Henna, or even a moisturizing shampoo. I use Keracare Hydrating Shampoo in their Sulfate Free formula.
- Make sure you rinse out the Henna thoroughly. If there are remnants of Henna left in your hair, it may appear dull, and will often feel very dry [I know, I have experienced this].
Mumtaz [Body Art Quality]
Jamila [Body Art Quality]
My mix consists of:
200G Henna [two boxes]
1/2 Cup Hello Hydration Conditioner
1 Cup Lustrasilk Mango & Shea Butter Conditioner
1/2 Cup of Brahmi Oil added to mixture before applying the Henna on my hair.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section so that I can answer them for everyone!