Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dermalogica Microfoliant Review - The Key to Glowing, Healthy, Clear Skin?


Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant - $50 2.6oz

After reading rave reviews [and having rave reviews myself on the Demalogica brand] I bit the bullet a few months ago and purchased Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant. Prior to using the microfoliant, I had clear skin [thanks to their skin care system] however I wasn't satisfied with the size of my pores, and the fact that my skin seemed dull. I knew at some point I was going to need an exfoliant, but I was concerned about the effects that some exfoliants have on your skin.

I used Dermalogica's Microfoliant twice a week for about 3 weeks before I really started to see satisfactory results. It gently sloughs off layers of dead skin revealing skin that is smoother, softer, and brighter. This also fades dark spots left behind from blemishes, not to mention those pesky pores around my t-zone were visibly smaller. Is it worth the hefty price tag? Most definitely. Would I purchase again. Absolutely.

I would recommend this to anyone that wants to brighten up their skin, and reduce pore size. This is also wonderful for people like myself who have dark spots, and pesky blemishes. - If you do try this product, I recommend using it sparingly until you figure out how many applications your skin will need, as this can easily dry out your skin if used too frequently. 

For all of my frugal sistas out there who just happen to be mixtresses, you could mimic some of the properties of this microfoliant by creating a mixture using the following ingredients:

- Dried Yogurt Powder [Moisturizer]
- Dried Honey Powder [Moisturizer]
- Rice Powder [Gentle Exfoliant]
- Neem Powder [Antimicrobal Properties]

Use rose water, to create a paste; and apply to skin - I do plan on testing out a few formulas using plant extracts and essential oils to see if I can create a cheaper, more natural alternative to the Daily Microfoliant. If it's a success, I will definitely share the formula with you!

4 comments:

  1. i'm not exactly a mixtress but im also quite frugal, but i have been looking for something to brighten my face since its so darker than my entire body, so i might just give a go, btw i created a blog and i would love to have your opinion on it please check it out http://waveringlotus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the Dermalogica for dry skin (travel pack) ever since you recommended the brand a few months back. I really love their Multi-Active toner & Intensive Moisture Balance. My face feels moisturized the entire day. I'll soon try the facial paste also. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive always wanted to try Dermalogica but could never worked up the nerve. Thanks to ur review a few weeks ago I convinced myself to buy the medibac kit this weekend. So far so good. It hasnt made current blemishes completely disappear (menstral breakout). However my skin is less oily and pores r smaller, and less congested. Smh approaching that ripe old age of 30 in a couple of years, i've had to stop using those drugstore products geared more toward teenagers. Theyre jus too harsh for my skin. Glad to say Dermalogica is gentle yet cleansing. Now i come to ur site and uve reviewed the microfoliant. Noooooo lol, I must fight the product junkie in me lol. I do want to try the dermal clay cleanser tho. Ive heard great reviews. And for women who are hesitant bcus of the price... It really is cost effective once u do the math... Think of it as one less nail salon appt a month, item of make-up or one less drink in the club. And bottom line if it works better than other products, its worth it. Lol ok i've written too much, smh i havent been to ur site in a few days, so the words built up. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mentioned you have clear skin due to this brand. What other Dermologica products do you attribute your clear skin to? I'm willing to invest if someone who had my current skin issues (acne, not simply "acne-prone") successfully used this line to clear their skin. TIA for your response :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails