Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Flashback

[circa 2006]

I get a lot of messages from ladies on lhcf who are curious to see what my hair looked like prior to starting my healthy hair journey. There was actually a point where I actually did not care what I did to my hair [to be brutally honest, I could care less what I did at certain points, as long as it was long enough to slap a weave on it. It was Kosher.].  So I dug deep in the crates and put together some photos. The picture up top is the shortest photographed length [my hair was definitely shorter than this. and not by choice] I had on hand. This was at a time when I was coming out of wearing weaves heavily, and honestly I knew I would be bald if I continued, so I took a break. However I still flat ironed weekly, curled my hair for every function, experimented with color, and only deep conditioned whenever I felt like it.  I started wearing weaves again once I retained more length, because I honestly felt like I could not leave the house without 18 inches + of hair plopped on my head. Sad but true. I felt less glamorous, less desirable...

It wasn't until the end of 2008 that I started really taking care of my hair [by this time, I was about 2-3 inches away from bsb], and I am glad I did. Aside from growth retention, my hair is a lot thicker, and for once in 10+ years I am finally able to leave the house without the need to have my hair pressed. Most importantly I have gained a deeper sense of self confidence.

So here are a few [ok more than a few. this is pic heavy] pics from over the years.  I tried to put them in chronological order. "The Weave Pics" are separate and in no particular order.







 Here are pics from the installs I have had over the years. 



7 comments:

  1. I love your real hair, but I must admit that your weaves were really nice too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chaka! I must admit, I do miss it from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I have that dress? You have the cutest clothes I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just curious, if you didn't begin your healthy hair journey until 2008 where you were almost BSB, how did you get from the top pic to BSB? Seems that's quite a bit of not only growth but retention as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics! Your real hair, natural hair and weaves all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the brown dress, where is that from ? Lola Re

    ReplyDelete
  7. your weaves look really good! so does your own hair of course!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails